One of the biggest decisions personal injury victims make is hiring a car accident attorney. While not all automobile collisions require the intervention of legal help, victims should seek a lawyer when a serious accident occurs. Legal guidance offered by an accident attorney provides peace of mind during a sometimes-confusing process. Knowing when and why to hire an attorney helps injured victims protect their rights.
Car Accident Lawyer Needed When Victim Suffers Serious Injuries
Major injuries can result from a serious vehicle accident. Sometimes, individuals find themselves permanently disabled and no longer able to hold down a job or do those things they once held dear. Following are some of the serious injuries that occur in car accidents.
- Broken bones are the most-common type of serious injury. Victims sometimes suffer compound fractures that require multiple surgical procedures and therapy.
- Head injuries often occur because of contact with the steering wheel or windshield. Head injuries are medically classified as open or closed. Both types of head injuries can lead to brain damage or hemorrhage. Serious head injuries often require surgery.
- Internal bleeding is a catastrophic injury. Frequently, injured victims are not aware they have internal bleeding because there are no immediate outward signs. Because of the risks of internal bleeding, accident victims should always seek medical treatment to check for hemorrhages.
Not All Car Accident Injuries are Physical
Occasionally, accident victims suffer from injuries that are not physical. Post-traumatic stress disorder can severely limit a person’s ability to cope, even with the most minor of situations. Post-traumatic stress disorder can prevent a person from being able to get behind the wheel for months or even years. The non-physical injuries resulting from a collision often take longer to overcome than the physical.
Experienced Car Accident Lawyers at Hadley Law Firm
Getting help from a car accident attorney like the experienced team at Hadley Law Firm allows injured victims to discover their rights and what steps will become necessary for seeking fair compensation. Without legal guidance, mistakes can be made that limit the fairness of any received settlement.
5 Car Accident Scenarios That Require Auto Accident Attorney
Injured victims are never required to hire an auto accident attorney, though there are some accident scenarios that could benefit from legal intervention. When injured victims face the following, they should consider seeking help from a car accident lawyer.
- If the injuries are serious, an injured individual should consult with a lawyer. The lawyer will fully assess the victim’s case and determine its value. Lawyers will help guide their clients in making decisions so they will be able to receive the compensation they are owed.
- Frequently, insurance companies deny claims and not always for fair reasons. When an injured victim’s claim has been denied, it is their right to appeal the decision or seek a lawsuit. In some cases, a lawsuit is the only means of getting a fair and favorable outcome.
- Injured victims should consider hiring car accident lawyers if they discover the insurance adjuster is making unfair demands regarding past medical records. Without the legal protection of a lawyer in place, injured victims will often find their rights being infringed upon.
Infringement can impede a victim’s rights to obtaining a fair outcome in their case.
- When a multiple-car pileup occurs, victims sometimes find it difficult to decipher who is liable. To protect their rights and best interests, it is wise for victims to seek legal guidance. A lawyer will help their client to ensure they are pursuing the right liable party or parties.
- If the adjuster has made what the victim considers an unfair offer, hiring an attorney is beneficial. Many times, insurance adjusters will attempt to offer lower settlements in hopes individuals will accept.
The scenarios above are more effectively handled by a lawyer. The average injured victim has very little understanding of their rights and the laws that govern them. It is especially difficult for those who have never gone through the process of filing an insurance claim.
Why You Should Hire A Top-Notch Civil Law Attorney at Hadley Law Firm
There are multiple reasons for hiring an accident lawyer. One of the biggest mistakes injured victims make is waiting too long to seek legal help. As time goes on, the loss of integral evidence occurs. Without the right amount of evidence, pursuing car accident lawsuits will likely be a fruitless process. The following are some of the key reasons for hiring a lawyer.
- Without a sound understanding of personal injury law, injured victims can find themselves floundering in making difficult decisions. Lawyers continuously study the law, including case precedents. They use the law to protect their clients’ rights and work toward the fairest outcome possible.
- Most victims have no clue how much their claim is worth. While they may be able to calculate their medical bills with ease, pain and suffering and other non-economic damages are more difficult. A lawyer offers their clients an accurate case worth total. The lawyer will use the knowledge obtained from previous cases to give their client a realistic total to expect.
- One of the most compelling reasons to hire a lawyer is their ability to negotiate. Negotiation is a critical part of the process of pursuing compensation. Insurance companies will offer monetary settlements to avoid court, but the offering is not always fair. Lawyers can recognize poor offers and will help their client negotiate for the fair settlement they deserve.
- Although many personal injury claims do not end in lawsuits, going to court is sometimes the only means of seeking a fair outcome. Having aggressive legal representation in the courtroom is necessary for the best outcome. Injured victims do have the right to represent themselves in court, but this is certainly not the norm.
Benefits of Hiring Car Accident Lawyers
The benefits of hiring a lawyer are immense for personal injury victims.
- Most people who hire an auto accident lawyer can obtain a higher settlement. A research study published by the Insurance Research Council shows that victims who hire legal representation are generally able to obtain settlements that are 40% larger than those who negotiate with the insurance company alone.
- When an injured victim hires a car accident attorney, the attorney works with an investigative team to gather crucial evidence. In any personal injury tort, evidence is one of the biggest deciding factors. Without the proper evidence, an injured victim’s case is likely to end up in an unfavorable outcome.
- One of the major benefits offered by lawyers is the ability to ensure their client can receive the medical care they need. Victims who do not have health insurance may find it difficult to seek medical treatment. The lawyer becomes the advocate for their injured client and works with medical care providers on the client’s behalf.
- One of the biggest benefits of being represented by a lawyer is being able to form a solid case that will stand up in court. Lawyers will work to gather the documents that will prove liability and ensure the right eyewitnesses and medical experts come in to testify on behalf of the injured client.
Setting Up a Consultation with Award-Winning Hadley Law Firm
Those who have never hired a lawyer may feel intimidated at the prospect. One of the biggest sources of stress is the payment for the lawyer’s fees. Victims need to be aware that most injury lawyers provide free consultation appointments and contingency arrangements. A contingency arrangement means the victim does not have to pay their lawyer unless the case results in a win.
Scheduling a consultation appointment is the first step in hiring a car accident attorney at Hadley Law Firm. At the consultation, the attorney will perform a thorough case assessment to determine the strength of the claim and its value.
During the consultation appointment, injured victims should take ample notes and prepare themselves to answer questions and ask them. Taking advantage of the knowledge the attorney brings to the table is vital for an informed victim.
4 Important Things to Avoid During a Car Accident Claim
Many mistakes are made when injured victims proceed without legal help. Sometimes, these mistakes can end up costing victims their ability to receive a fair outcome.
- 1. One of the worst mistakes injured victims sometimes make is speaking with the insurance company without legal guidance. Insurance adjusters have the right to use statements against the victim. Before making a recorded statement or answering any questions, victims should consider consulting with a lawyer.
- 2. Another common mistake is accepting the first settlement that comes in the mail. While it is tempting to take a check that has been offered, having the settlement amount reviewed by a lawyer is the only path to fairness. Once a settlement has been signed and accepted, the injured worker loses their ability to further pursue the matter.
- 3. In today’s socially-driven world, accident victims often make the mistake of posting too much information on their social media pages. Posting photos and detailing the accident can lead to adverse outcomes because this information can easily become confiscated by the defense. It is wise to keep quiet about the accident and seek legal help as soon as possible.
- 4. Another mistake that is frequently made is a failure to follow the doctor’s orders. Failing to follow the orders of the attending physician could cause problems with recovery and could lead to issues in pursuing compensation.
Making mistakes in the process of seeking compensation can have a detrimental impact on the outcome. Hiring a lawyer to provide legal guidance will ensure the victim makes fewer mistakes. When hiring a lawyer, injured victims must follow the given legal advice to get the best outcome.
Are victims forced into a lawsuit by hiring attorneys?
This is one of the biggest misconceptions when it comes to hiring an accident lawyer. Victims sometimes think hiring a lawyer means they must decide to go to court.
Lawyers represent injured clients in court, but this does not mean all car accident claims result in a lawsuit. In fact, most personal injury claims reach an out-of-court settlement. According to the United States Department of Justice, an estimated 95% of all personal injury cases are settled outside of court.
Hiring a lawyer offers more options than a lawsuit. The negotiation process can frequently lead to a fair settlement if a lawyer is representing the injured client. The lawyer will diligently work to offer their client the best options for settlement.
Some cases do require court intervention, but few. If a lawyer feels their client is not receiving a fair outcome, they will likely start the process of filing a lawsuit. Sometimes, the threat of filing a lawsuit is all it takes to spur an adjuster into action. If needed, the judge or jury will determine who wins the lawsuit and what settlement amount to award.
Hiring the Experts at Hadley Law Firm Brings Peace of Mind
Seriously injured car accident victims have rights that are afforded to them under the law. Not only do they have the right to seek fair compensation, but they also have the right to get help from a lawyer.
While a lawyer cannot guarantee any outcome for a car accident case, hiring one brings about great peace of mind. The advice and guidance received during the claims process is invaluable for most injured victims.
Schedule a Consultation With Hadley Law Firm Car Accident Attorneys Today
If you are dealing with the aftermath of a serious car accident in the Mobile, Alabama, area, now is the time to act. Scheduling a consultation appointment with Hadley Law Firm allows you to discover your rights and information on the steps victims should take to receive fair compensation. With the help of Hadley Law Firm’s car accident lawyers, you can rest assured your case will be in good hands.